Pages

Thursday 7 March 2013

Art Is A Good Teacher

Well, I think  I am a better learning coach than a writer. Many of my ideas, experiences, thoughts and insights on learning never get translated into a blog post here, because I struggle to write. I hunt for words and I give up. So, now, I will try to be as authentic in writing what I feel at this moment and try to create this post, so I could make this post simple and real, straight from my heart. 

An art that we did almost 2 years back became very noticeable on my facebook wall. Being an extrovert, naturally I am very excited by the energy and all the attention. The acknowledgement and attention made me feel proud like a little child. Moreover, I am so crazy about innovating learning methods for Math. I immediately felt that, this could be my next post. Long time, I have not been posting anything in this space. Learning Math through art has really been a healing and joyful experience for us. 


I thought it was a simple art. But this simple art helped us develop almost all basic Math concepts and skills such as addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, measurement, fraction, patterns, colour mixing, fine motor skills, visualization skills and what not. All in a very NATURAL WAY. Learning best happens naturally when we involve ourselves in an activity out of sheer joy. 

And, art is indeed very magical and real great teacher. And, what else could be a treat for visually stimulated children.

Enjoy Learning and Sharing
Prabha

No comments:

Post a Comment